*** How to Stop Being a People Pleaser: 7 Powerful Habits•••
1. Realize that with some people it isn’t about you and what you do (no matter what you do).
Some people just can’t be pleased. No matter what you do. Because it’s not about what you do or do not do. It’s about him or her.
2. Learn how to say no. When you like to please then it’s, of course, hard to say no. But it is vital for your own happiness, stress-levels and for living the life you truly want.
3. Reminder: People don’t really care that much about what you say or do. But the truth is that while you may be the main character in your own life and head you’re not that in other people’s lives. But it can also set you free.
4. Learn how to handle criticism and verbal lash outs (and the fear of that).Because sometimes it’s simply about the other person and his or her situation in life right now and not about what you did or did not do.
5. Set boundaries for yourself. If you say no to yourself, if you set a few firm boundaries for yourself then it will over time become easier to do the same towards other people too. And these boundaries can also help you to focus better on what matters the most to you.
6. Strengthen your self-esteem. So it becomes more natural to say no when you need to. Plus, you’ll be less concerned about getting everyone else to like you all the time. Respect yourself more and your dependency upon what others may think or say drops drastically.
7. Keep your focus on what YOU want out of your life. If you know what’s most important to you and you keep your focus on that each day then you’ll naturally start to say no and stop being so people pleasing. Because now your energy and time are mostly focused on your needs and wants. But a good start is this… START TODAY.