LESSONS FROM MY 1 YEAR AND 5 MONTHS MARRIAGE EXPERIENCE...
For any marriage to work the following must exist in it...
1. THE WILL TO MAKE IT WORK AGAINST ALL ODDS - because when everything else fails this will be the only thread to hang on.
2. CONSTANT COMMUNICATION - always tell your partner how you feel or how you felt. What you like and what you don't like. How you want it and how you don't want it.
NEVER ASSUME he/she knows. Please don't go to bed without resolving that misunderstanding.
3. TRUE LOVE - because if you truly love your partner you will always seek for the best in him/her. Meanwhile, what's your business being in marriage with someone you are not drunk in love with?
4. RESPECT AND THE GOLDEN RULE - Treat your partner exactly how you wish to be treated. If you know you won't take shit then don't give shit too.
5. CONTENTMENT - be satisfied with the partner God has given you. Stop comparing your spouse with what you see on TV, social media and the likes. Don't be deceived those are not exactly as they seem. Let your love not be defined by material things.
6. GOD FACTOR - A family that prays together stays together. Make the bible your standard, and ensure to make family prayers and devotion a compulsory daily ritual.
7. BE LESS EXPECTANT AND MORE TOLERANT - always remember nobody is perfect and that includes your spouse. Learn to be patient and don't get tired of talking about the same thing over and over again, yea not fair but you got no better choice. Learn to show love expecting nothing in return so you don't always get your bubbles busted.
8. OPENNESS - keeping secrets from your spouse is like keeping secrets from yourself. For how long do you think you will hide it?
9. LEARN TO APOLOGIZE, BE POLITE AND SHOW APPRECIATION - my wife has thought me the unlimited power in saying simple sorry, thank you and please. I actually had to learn these. These simple words works wonders you can't imagine.
Love, love, love and just don't stop loving and caring for your partner. Even when there's no justifiable reason to keep loving, just show more love. Never be scared to love some more. I'm not perfect either but I promise to keep trying every day to be a better husband. I'll recommend you do same too.
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." (1John 4:18)
I Love Love,I also love that Bible Verse